We envision a world where every person with mental illness lives a healthy, productive life. Our mission is to create a place of acceptance and empowerment for people in our community living with mental illness through meaningful work and relationships.
The International Clubhouse movement is the proud recipient of the 2014 Hilton Humanitarian Prize. The Fountain House/Clubhouse model is included in SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practice. Fresh Start is accredited by both CARF and Clubhouse International.
To become a member an individual must:
• Have a primary diagnosis of a serious mental illness (formerly Axis 1) such as depression, bipolar, schizoaffective, or schizophrenia. Functional impairment is due to SMI.
• Indicate an interest in rehabilitation/recovery goals (e.g. employment, education, housing, or social goals).
• Be 18 years of age or older.
• Be able to independently meet self-care and safety needs. As individuals are free to come and go as they like from the Clubhouse, they must possess the necessary safety skills and judgment to move about the community without constant or one-on-one supervision.
• Not currently pose a threat to the Clubhouse community or themselves.
• Be a client of Washtenaw County Community Mental Health.
• Have had a scheduled formal tour of the Clubhouse within the 6 months prior to applying for membership.
To schedule a tour, please call 734-929-9992.
Download our Referral Form
Fresh Start’s Annual Winter Flower Sale Fundraiser
Money raised helps provide training opportunities as well as enrichment and wellness activities for our members.
Orders and payments due Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Pick up Saturday, December 8, 2018 10:00am-1:00pm at
2051 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Medium Poinsettias – $10
Large Poinsettias – $20
If you prefer to download and print your order form please CLICK HERE.